“The Name of HaShem is a tower of strength; with it a righteous person will run and be strong.” Proverbs 18:10
As I put this very short Op together, it is 13 January 2021, the country is in turmoil, society is deeply divided, tyranny is falling on the land all in conjunction with a continuing pandemic which is now striking very close to home with my family members now testing positive. In short, life is VERY, VERY intense, and as such, felt HaShem urging me to post this short Op as a reminder to all of us, myself included, that in the midst of all the chaos around us, each of us must choose to whom we will serve! For me and my house we WILL serve HaShem!
One aspect of all that is happening in the world around us today with all the turmoil and division is people are looking upwards and towards prophecy more than usual, seeking something which might indicate how all this plays out. Problem is, getting a hold of legitimate and accurate prophetic information and not just some flowery vat of information which offers nothing but fluff and thin air.
We are on the cusp of entering into the biblical month of Shevat. This month is very interesting and I find it is not a coincidence all the chaos going on is happening now at this time as nothing is a coincidence with HaShem. The month of Shevat is the month in which Moshe began to deliver his final address to Israel i.e. the Book of Devarim (Deuteronomy). His concluding verse in Devarim 33:29 is very apt for us today: “Fortunate are you, Israel. Who is like unto you, a nation who is saved by Elohim, the Shield Who assists you, the sword of your pride. Your enemies shall dwindle away before you and you shall tread upon their high places.” How much more does this verse apply to each of us today as we watch America collapse into tyranny around us? Keep this in mind as we proceed.
Always remember the following eternal, unchanging characteristics of HaShem for in all the chaos He IS our ONLY place of refuge, safety, security, provision, defense and health:
- HaShem never changes per Num 23:19/Mal 3:6/Hebrews 13:8/James 1:17
- His Word is firmly established per Psalm 119:89
- He reveals the end out of the beginning per Is 46:10
- He does nothing without first revealing it to His prophets per Amos 3:7
- He says there is nothing new under the sun per Ecclesiastes 1:9
- He says His Torah is a tree of life and eternal per Proverbs 3:18-19 and Psalm 119:160
- He says His Torah is perfect and restores the soul per Psalm 19:7
- He says His Torah makes the simple one wise per Psalm 19:7
- He says His Torah Is freedom and liberty per Psalm 119:45 and James 1:25
- He says His Torah is the only good doctrine there is Proverbs 4:2
- He says His Torah will add length of days and years of life and peace per Proverbs 3:2
- He says all of the ways of His Torah are ways of pleasantness and peace per Proverbs 3:17
- He says His Torah is for our good and well-being per Deuteronomy 6:24
- He says His Torah is health for our lives per Proverbs 3:8
- He says His Torah is life to our soul and a graceful ornament for our neck per Prov 3:22
- He says His Torah is better than pearls and all desires cannot compare to it per Prov 8:11
- He says those who walk with His Torah are praiseworthy per Psalms 119:1
- He says observing His Torah is how we purify our path per Psalms 119:9
- He says His Torah is better than thousands in gold and silver per Psalms 119:72
- He says His Torah brings abundant peace to those who love Him and His Torah per Psalms 119:165
- He says there is one Torah for all per Exodus 12:49/Leviticus 24:22
- He says those who hate His Torah love death per Proverbs 8:36
- He says His Torah is the way of faith per Psalms 119:29-30
- He says His Torah makes us wiser than our enemies per Psalms 119:98
- He says His Torah is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path per Psalms 119:105
- He says one who finds His Torah has found life per Proverbs 8:35
- He says one who finds His Torah has found favor from HaShem per Proverbs 8:35
The opening verse to this Op at the top from Proverbs is a very important verse. The commentary on this verse says “A person in need of refuge seeks shelter in an impregnable tower. The greatest tower, King Solomon teaches, is trust in HaShem! No material barrier can provide complete protection from an enemy, but a person who places himself completely in HaShem’s hands has nothing to fear. Just as good planning must go into the construction of a tower, so must a person consciously choose HaShem as his support. Just as a tower is the place to go to in times of danger, so must HaShem be a person’s source of security during the most trying situations.” HaShem is our ONLY place of refuge!
With regards to my opening statement about seeking out prophecy during these chaotic times, there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing this, however, we just need to be sure of the source materials of whom we are listening too. In the bible, a prophet was in Hebrew called a ‘Navi’! The purpose of prophecy is singular in nature i.e. true prophecy keeps Israel on the path of Torah! This is why when we read in Bamidbar (Numbers) 11:29 Moshe says “Oh that ALL of HaShem’s people were prophets!” Point is, Torah and prophecy go hand in hand! Therefore if someone claims to be a prophet of HaShem and their message points people AWAY from His Torah, then there is a very serious problem! This is where the Devarim (Deuteronomy) 13:3-5 test comes into play i.e. if they do not speak according to the Torah, then they are false and are not to be listened too!
It was through Moshe that HaShem gave the Torah to Israel and Moshe is also known to be a prophet as well. All the subsequent prophets HaShem sent to Israel, gave messages intending on keeping Israel on the path of Torah i.e. what Moshe taught. This is why Yeshua’s statement in John 5:46 is so vital where He says “If you had believed Moshe (Torah), you would have believed Me!” Further, HaShem tells us in Devarim 18:15-19 that the Messiah would come in the likeness of Moshe i.e. teaching the same message of the Torah!
Point is, now more than ever, when listening or reading statements from those who claim to be prophets of Elohim, examine their words very carefully and make sure they line up with what HaShem gave in the beginning, because He doesn’t change and there is nothing new under the sun! Now is NOT the time to embrace false teaching and be led astray. Now is the time we each draw closer to HaShem. The opportunity for each of us to get to study the Torah may quickly be coming to close, but it also does mean we each must commit ourselves more than ever to living out His Torah in the chaos around us! Yes, it will be very tough to do so and yes there are prices to be paid for doing so, but nothing worthwhile is free! Its time we each have to put our money where our mouth is….will we stand for HaShem or will we compromise and fall under the pressure?
There is a lot going on around each of us today and I can assure you it is only going to grow in intensity by the day. With that said, who will you declare today is your place of refuge in the midst of the lies, corruption, violence and oppression? For me and my house, I will serve HaShem!!! May it be so very soon in our days!
- The Book of Our Heritage by Eliyahu Kitov
- Mishlei (Proverbs) by Artscroll